Bell Urban Farm employees a team of individuals that are passionate about local food and farming! Interested in working with us? Please check the job listings below to see if we are hiring. Please review all the details of the job first and if you think you are a good fit, then please APPLY through our online application form HERE!
The Farmstand at Bell Urban Farm is looking for a Chef to help us turn our local food into healthy and delicious grab and go meals, snacks, pastries and more. We are looking for someone with professional kitchen experience as well as someone who is familiar with the local and seasonal produce available in our region.
- Cooking, packaging and labeling food for sale in the Farmstand. Food will include items like grab and go meals, snacks, dips, sauces, desserts, etc. We will not be serving hot meals.
- Managing the kitchen portion of our Farmstand by helping with weekly ordering of produce, packaging and supplies.
- Must have professional kitchen prep experience detailed on your resume. 3-5 years preferred.
- Must be familiar with the local produce in our region. We want to use as much local produce as possible in our meals and also highlight what is in season. (ex: strawberries in April, Heirloom tomatoes in July).
- Ability to create exciting meals and snacks that change almost weekly due to the seasonality of local produce.
- Must keep the kitchen clean and organized and follow all of the safety procedures as outlined in our Kitchen SOP.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing procedures of a new and growing business.
- Detail-oriented, punctual, hardworking and self motivated.
- Must be able to work in a small kitchen space.
- ServSafe certification preferred or willingness to apply.
15-25 hours per week. Hours will be flexible and subject to change as our business grows. Chef must work in the kitchen before we open to the public (weekday mornings between 5-9:30 am).
Please apply online HERE.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact us at email@example.com
Bell Urban Farm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.